Saturday, April 16, 2016

Which is better? Technical Analysis or Fundamental Analysis

The answer depends on whom you ask the question.

For me, what I want to pursue can be aptly explained by the famous quotation from the then Chinese paramount leader, Deng Xiaoping (1904–1997): It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice. However, the more fitting statement is: It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches BIG mice.

So, my strategies will encompass a host of effective methods with a view to making BIG money.

But we need a target. My method has yielded about a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30% so far for the last 10 years. I may have been lucky, but I have achieved it. So, moving forward, a CAGR of 30% is the realistic target I set for myself with the proven strategies I have been adopting.

I invest in properties and stocks. I take investment as a serious business. I want to act like a shark: Only when I smell blood will I go in for the kill.

I invest in Singapore listed stocks, stocks listed in HKEx and the U.S. My strategies on stock investment revolve around three main concepts:

1.    Good stocks at correct timing
2.    Contrarian thinking
3.    Independent thinking

Patience, hard work and discipline are the three important qualities that are very crucial in successful investing but these were not taught in schools. A lot of novice investors lack these and learn about it too late.

I find it is about time that some of my effective strategies can be shared with like-minded investors. And I believe if I can do it, so can you.


Superphang

No comments:

Post a Comment