Friday, April 28, 2017

Fast action on AEM solid result was rewarded handsomely

成功人士與普通人的分別,在於他們能否充份利用突如其來、稍縱即逝的大好機遇。

The difference between very successful investors/traders and ordinary folks is that when a golden and fleeting opportunity presents itself, the former are more than ready to take advantage of it but the latter are not.

 

Read my earlier post on “AEM has delivered yet another stellar quarterly performanceAEM” published on 24 April 17 (Should have been 25 April 17 at about 9:30 am but the time stamp of this blogspot is based on a time zone that is behind Singapore’s):
The AEM 1Q2017 result was released at 11:24:49 pm on 24 Apr 17, and I acted on its solid result fast and have been rewarded handsomely. My wife and I made about $76,400, a return of 42.7% from this contra deal, from our additional 100,000 shares that we bought at the trading opening bell of 25 April 17. I believe some of my gung-ho readers also did likewise. 

From 6 Jan 2017 since I started my accumulation on AEM till I divested all my AEM shares on 28 Apr 2017, in a timespan of less than 4 months, my wife and I made a total profit of $311.7k, a return of 170.2%! It has been quite a while that we have not had such a huge gain within so short a timeframe.

I divested my relatively huge position in AEM yesterday, 28 April 17, as
(1) I believe AEM will take a breather for some time from here as the surge has been too fast and too furious;
(2) I used the sale proceeds and contra gains from AEM to invest in another gem that I have spotted.

Stay tuned for the next post on my new gem!

Superphang
http://superphang.blogspot.sg

3 comments:

  1. Good decision I think. I also sold: at $ 2.60 for a 130% gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aem now is overprice at 2.62 ? Please advise ?

    You used to write on best world ? Is it overprice at $ 2.80 ? Please advise . Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samuel:
      I just re-entered AEM today at $2.80 due to its solid 36.36% growth in sales orders announced this morning. At $2.80, its p/e is only 9.31x, solid!
      For Best World, monitoring it and I think I have missed the boat big time. I can only say if I still have some Best World shares, I will hold them and fight. But as I have divested all my position in Best World, I will rather put my energy in other growth stocks which can give me a higher % of returns or other stocks that can give me a higher % of winning.

      Delete