Thursday, September 15, 2022

Excelpoint and knack for catching multibaggers

Refer to my three previous posts on Excelpoint:

http://superphang.blogspot.com/2021/05/excelpoint-potential-multibagger.html of 22 May 2021

http://superphang.blogspot.com/2021/08/excelpoint-up-29609-in-day.html of 7 Aug 2021

http://superphang.blogspot.com/2022/04/acquisition-of-excelpoint-technology-by.html of 13 Apr 2022

 

I just received this evening, 15 Sep 2022, the final payment of my shareholding, at $1.93 apiece, in Excelpoint Technology Ltd by the offeror of the company and the sum was deposited into my bank following the closing date of the takeover bid by WT Semiconductor Holdings Pte Ltd and my ROI of 188% was solid within a span of 16 months. The absolute amount is equivalent to a few years of the living expenses of my family.

This success again reinforced the importance of correct strategies, knowledge, skills and patience deployed for every successful value investing venture.

I bought Excelpoint in a few tranches before I wrote the post made my estimation in InvestingNote on 12 May 2021. The reasons for buying the stock then were: a capable and hardworking management, company starting to have good growth, company has been paying good dividend, and they were operating in a booming China’s market. I gave a target price of $2.33 within a year then.  

The chart showing a few important milestones for my investment

 

 

My prescient chart reading allowed me to accumulate more shares on 25 Mar 2022

 

The company board confirmed my belief after the market close of 25 Mar 2022 


This was not the first time some of my friends and my InvestingNote’s followers suspected that I was privy to some insider information of the companies, and I jolly well know that it was my knowledge and skills that enabled me time and again to make the prescient judgements and decisions.

I could have sold all my shareholding after xd on 28 April but I held on to my shares as I calculated that if I could wait for slightly less than 5 months and my annualised extra return will be 6.38% and I need not pay brokerage commission. What a good yield not to be missed!

The current markets in the US, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and China are all facing some problems and I strongly believe that therein lies a lot of golden opportunities for those who are armed with the correct strategies, knowledge, skills and patience to either catch some multi-baggers along the way or buy the dips when others are fearful.

  

Prescientsuperphang
http://superphang.blogspot.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment